Asia Pacific Turnaround & Restructuring Outlook
Date: Thursday, 9th April 2015
Time: 9:30 am to 11:00am
RSVP: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Page in conjunction with LehmanBrown International Accountants will be running the latest CFO series breakfast round table on ‘Turnaround, Transformation and Restructuring.’ LehmanBrown International Accountants Managing Partner and Chair of the Asia Transformation and Turnaround Association (ATTA) Russell Brown, will be giving an Asia Pacific turnaround & restructuring outlook and further insights into the key factors. Session will be presented in English.
Asia Pacific turnaround & restructuring outlook and further insights into the following key factors:
• Which Chinese cities and/or industries are likely to see an increase in corporate stress?
• What are the early warning indicators at a company level that imply future distress?
• Is corporate restructuring in China / Asia-Pacific a proactive or reactive action, and why?
• What are the characteristics / benefits of a successful corporate turnaround in China / Asia, and why?
• Can a Chief Restructuring Officer enhance and/or accelerate the restructuring process?
• What legal or regulatory structures exist in China & Asia to enhance / accelerate the restructuring process? What is the role of government?
• What are some of the reasons restructuring efforts fail in China / Asia? How is this different from trends in North America and EMEA?
Russell Brown – Managing Partner, LehmanBrown International Accountants
Mr. Russell Brown is Founder and Managing Partner of LehmanBrown International Accountants, a China-focused accounting, taxation and business advisory firm with operations in Beijing, Hong Kong and five other offices across China employing around 200 professionals.
Russell has over 28 years working experience including 20 years living in China and involved in establishing and developing businesses in China. Prior to founding LehmanBrown, Russell was Global CFO of one of the world’s largest public relations and communications consulting companies and prior to this, their Asia Pacific Regional CFO. He currently acts as an advisor to international companies entering the China market and to Chinese companies venturing abroad, and is a founding director and Chairman of the Asian Transformation and Turnaround Association.
He is also a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars on Taxation, Accounting and Doing Business in and with China. Russell gained a BA (Hons) in Business Studies from Bournemouth University, is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) in the UK and an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales. He is also an Associate Global Management Accountant. He is currently Treasurer of the Australian Chamber of Commerce in China. Until recently he was Chairman of the British Chamber of Commerce in China and prior to this has also acted as Vice Chair and Treasurer. Russell is actively involved in many charitable events and is Chair of Beijing’s annual British Charity Ball and St George’s Day Charity Dinner. He is also a member of the Rotary Club of Beijing.