Senior Auditor (Professional Service Department)
- Assist in the planning, determining the scope and execution of small- and medium-sized audit and non-audit engagements.
- Coordinating and requesting the financial records and materials from the client prior to commencement of engagements.
- Assist in developing a list of all company employees to be interviewed during the audit process.
- By working closely with the engagement manager, the SA assists in establishing the appropriate audit strategy, having considered the internal controls and audit risks of the client.
- Assist the engagement manager in assigning the work to the junior team members.
- During the fieldwork, the SA shall act as the liaison person on-site, responsible for reviewing all of the materials received from client for accuracy.
- After consultation with the engagement manager, adapt the audit approach to changing client environment.
- Direct fieldwork on daily basis, inform engagement manager of the work status and audit issues on timely manner and manage the performance of the junior team members through review of their work and providing timely feedback/guidance during the fieldwork.
- Performing the audit work on key areas normally assigned to a SA, such as revenue, cost of goods sold and inventories.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit team.
- Upon completion of audit fieldwork, the SA is responsible for preparing the deliverables for the engagements, as well as following-up with the client for any outstanding matters and issues.
- The SA shall ensure that the time spent on the engagement is properly recorded by all the team members.
- Provide performance feedback and identify training needs of the team members, and conduct performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- 3 to 5 years of audit experience with a public accounting firm, preferably large accounting firms
- Certification of CICPA and other professional qualification is preferred
- Good project management skills
- Good written and communication skills, English speaking and writing will be an added advantage
- Use technology efficiently, such as emails and MS Office (primarily Word and Excel)
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Ability and willing to travel