- Assist in the planning, the determining of scope and the execution of small to medium-sized audit engagements and non-audit engagements.
- Coordinating and requesting the financial records and materials from clients prior to the commencement of engagements.
- Assist in developing a list of all company employees to be interviewed during the auditing
- By working closely with the engagement manager, the SA assists in establishing the appropriate audit strategy, having considered the internal controls and audit risks of the client.
- Assist the engagement manager in assigning the work to the junior team members.
- During the project, the SA shall act as the liaison person on-site, responsible for reviewing all of the materials received from client for accuracy.
- After a consultation with the engagement manager, the SA should be capable of adapting the audit approach to the changing client environment.
- Direct fieldwork on daily basis, informing the engagement manager of progress and audit issues in a timely manner.
- Manage the performance of the junior team members through reviewing their work and providing timely feedback/guidance during the project.
- Performing auditing on revenue, cost of goods sold, inventories etc.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit team.
- Upon completion of audit fieldwork, the SA is responsible for preparing the deliverables for the engagements, as well as following-up with the client for any outstanding matters and issues.
- The SA shall ensure that the time spent on the engagement is properly recorded by all the team members.
- Provide performance feedback and identify training needs of the team members, and conduct performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- 3 to 5 years of audit experience with a public accounting firm, preferably large accounting firms
- Certification of CICPA and other professional qualification is preferred
- Good project management skills
- Good written and communication skills, English speaking and writing will be an added advantage
- Ability to use technology such as emails and MS Office (primarily Word and Excel) efficiently
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within the professional environment
- Ability and willingness to travel
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV to our HR department at email@example.com. Please ensure the subject of your email includes: your name, the position you are applying for and the name of the department you wish to join.