Senior Legal Counsel
- Supporting management and clients with up to date information on legal and contractual matters;
- Coordinating board resolutions, powers of attorney and related action in the setting-up of appropriate entities and branches, in coordination with the Business Services department;
- Reviewing contracts, preparing standard contracts and advising management on legal implications of contracts;
- Supervision and preparation of employment contracts, staff handbook and related HR documentation and matters related to the labour laws and regulations of China;
- Representing or supervising the representation of the company in administrative proceedings and court hearings brought to or by the company;
- Liaising with authorities and government offices with regard to legal and contractual matters;
- Ensuring the company, its partners and agreements are in compliance with the company’s Legal Compliance and Ethics policies, conducting due diligence of entities that the company has engagements with;
- Responding in a timely manner to the request for any of the legal documents by other departments;
- Other tasks assigned by company.
- Qualified as a lawyer in PRC with a minimum of 7+ year’s legal experience.
- Excellent knowledge of PRC legal system, in particular, knowledge of corporate and labour law;
- Fluency (written and oral) in Mandarin and English is mandatory;
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team to achieve common goals;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, escalate issues, and respond to business needs and goals;
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills to new businesses and subjects in which external lawyers may not have the expertise to do so;
- The position is based in Beijing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the subject of your email includes: your name, the position you are applying for and the name of the department you wish to join.